Santa Fe Workshop: Sense of Place

Our last assignment was to take one photograph that captured a sense of place representing our experience in Santa Fe. I knew immediately where I would find my image. On Monday night of our photographic week, I had attended the 5:30 mass at St. Francis Basilica celebrating the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi.  Photographer's learn that early morning and late afternoon provide the best light and so during mass nature put on an amazing technicolor light show through the basilica's stained glass windows. Minute by minute the colors and hues changed creating an ongoing kaleidoscope. Much of what we learned during our photographic journey was about the importance of capturing the light and using light to create our art. Where better to go for my sense of place than to the source of all light.